- (UK) МФА(кључ): /ˈhɛt.əɹ.ə(ʊ).nɪm/
- (US) МФА(кључ): /ˈhɛt.ə.ɹoʊ.nɪm/, /ˈhɛt.ə.ɹə.nɪm/
Audio (US) (file)
heteronym (plural heteronyms)
- (linguistics) A word having the same spelling as another, but a different pronunciation and meaning.
- Agape, "astonished" or "wide open," is a heteronym of agape, "Christian love."
- (literature) A fictitious character created by an author for the purpose of writing in a different style.
word having the same spelling but different pronunciation
fictitious character writing in a different style
- List of English heteronyms defined in Wiktionary
- polyphone (a letter [or combination of letters] that can be pronounced in two or more different ways, such as 長 / 长／长 / 长 in Chinese, pronounced [cháng] in the sense of ’long’ and [zhǎng] in the sense of ’to grow’)